World consumption of animal protein is everywhere on the rise. Meat consumption increased from 44 million tons in 1950 to 284 million tons in 2009, more than doubling annual consumption per person to over 90 pounds. The rise in consumption of milk and eggs is equally dramatic. Wherever incomes rise, so does meat consumption.
Trending on GRN
- Are you crunchy?
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Stuck in a box: Crayola needs to work on its green
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- The Answer, My Friend, Is Not A Leaf Blower In The Wind
- Resurrecting The Rails: Can Trains Trump Cars And Create…
- Slowing Down On The Farm: The Story Of The Straus Dairy
- Healthy (some say icky) foods to eat to get Vitamin K2,…