By Ashley Phillips
Green Right Now
Eco-Festivals, Inc., a non-profit organization based in the Bay Area, will be educating the public on ways to be greener at its inaugural Eco-Festival at the San Ramon City Center in August. The group hopes this free public event will become a blueprint for similar expos that could be held around the country.
“Our hope and goal is to deliver a fun and interactive festival environment unlike any other to empower and inspire mainstream families to realize the transition to a green lifestyle is within their reach,” said Robert Jacobs, founder and CEO of Eco-Festivals, Inc.
The Eco-Festival, set for Aug. 29-30, hopes to show how going green can be fun, easy, and cost effective. The festival will showcase many different activities including:
- An “Auto Zone” displaying eco-friendly cars
- Food Court with organic food
- Vendor Village of sustainable goods for your home, garden, and office
- Fashion Show of clothes made out of organic material
- A Kids Zone featuring games and solar/biofuel-powered rides
- A Career Zone highlighting sustainable jobs
Event speakers will include:
- Robert Craymer, Hollywood’s “Greenroom Guru” of design
- Inveterate environmentalists Ed Begley Jr. and wife, Rachelle Carson-Begley of “Living With Ed”
- Nicole Facciuto of “Red Hot, & Green”
- Susie Coelho of “Outer Spaces”
“While our world struggles with climate change, pollution, and an abundance of waste, this is the moment when we all need to re-evaluate our lives and change our thinking. Living an eco-friendly, sustainable lifestyle does not have to be costly or daunting, and Eco-Festivals will show you just how easy it is,” said Chelsea Pearl of MSR Communications, LLC.
Copyright © 2009 Green Right Now | Distributed by Noofangle Media