ITHACA, N.Y. – The dramatic melt-off of Arctic sea ice due to climate change is hitting closer to home than millions of Americans might think.That’s because melting Arctic sea ice can trigger a domino effect leading to increased odds of severe winter weather outbreaks in the Northern Hemisphere’s middle latitudes – think the “Snowmageddon” storm that hamstrung Washington, D.C., during February 2010.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- Texas Native Plant Week begins Sunday
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Austin Nature and Wildlife Center
- Green Hospitality, Where Recycling and Reducing Is Inn
- Amazing Austin Energy photo at Lady Bird Lake at the…
- Got rBST-free milk?
- Meet the Frankenfish that will soon be on your plate
- Manchester neighborhood in Houston: Ground zero for fossil…