ITHACA, N.Y. – The dramatic melt-off of Arctic sea ice due to climate change is hitting closer to home than millions of Americans might think.That’s because melting Arctic sea ice can trigger a domino effect leading to increased odds of severe winter weather outbreaks in the Northern Hemisphere’s middle latitudes – think the “Snowmageddon” storm that hamstrung Washington, D.C., during February 2010.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- 12 fish you should never eat
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?