Johnson & Johnson will remove all toxic and potentially dangerous chemicals from virtually all of its baby and adult body products by 2015, according to the company. The first chemicals to be phased out will include 1,4 dioxane and the formaldehyde-releasing preservative, quaternium-15, found in some baby products, according to the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics which led a coalition of health and environmental groups in pushing Johnson & Johnson to use safer formulations for all its goods.
Trending on GRN
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- These 7 gifts are perfect for nature lovers
- Got rBST-free milk?
- Biochar: Panacea or peril?
- Cool Buy: Eco Born eyewear made of recycled materials