In the midst of the domestic energy boom, livestock on farms near oil-and-gas drilling operations nationwide have been quietly falling sick and dying. While scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect, many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water, or soil.
Trending on GRN
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- These 7 gifts are perfect for nature lovers
- Got rBST-free milk?
- Biochar: Panacea or peril?
- Cool Buy: Eco Born eyewear made of recycled materials