Summer and fall are the seasons of abundance. Fruits and vegetables abound in backyard gardens, farmer’s markets and stores. Sometimes, like when your own garden is peaking, and the farmer’s markets are replete with everything from avocados to zucchini, that abundance can be overwhelming. Then it’s time to preserve, freeze and can, so you can seize Mother Nature’s gifts while they are at their best. Here are a few ideas, assembled from many sources and countless hours in the kitchen, that will help you capture that summer spigot of fruit (we’ll deal with veggies next time) by properly canning, freezing or drying your favorite produce.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Panera Bread promises to purge food dyes and additives
- 4 DIY gifts that can be created in less time than you spend…
- Recycling Plastic Can Be Hard To Sort Out
- Trek, REI and Alchemy Goods form partnership to take back…
- Bike sharing explodes across the US
- UT Austin named a leading healthy campus in the U.S.
- Laura Bush Wants You To Help Save Nature in Texas