New York Times food critic Mark Bittman pretty much said it all in a Ted talk a few years ago, outlining how we Americans became detached from healthy eating; persuaded by food companies and our government to adopt foods that are cheap, quick, inhumane and the root of our health problems. Sound blunt? Maybe, but hear him out.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- 12 fish you should never eat
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?