How do gardeners get through the deep, snooze-inducing winter? They salivate over seed catalogs and plat their future plots. Increasingly, that involves seeking out the rare heirloom seeds that can produce all many of vegetables, fruits and herbs that have vanished from modern supermarkets.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- EcoScraps turns a mountain of food waste into a pile of cash
- Wipe that smirk off your face Millennial, your parents are…
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- 11 ways to avoid BPA and phthalates and why you should
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Cropped Cardigan Sweater
- RecycleBank: offering retail “credits” to…