Despite opposition from farm and food groups, and a petition on SIgnOn.org, Congress passed the controversial Monsanto Protection Act on Thursday, freeing the giant biotech firm, and others like it, from annoying oversight by the USDA. Read about this window into how Washington works, for companies that are big enough.
Trending on GRN
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Austin Parks Foundation Partners with Zilker Brewing Company
- Got rBST-free milk?
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- These 7 gifts are perfect for nature lovers
- Germany and France ban pesticides linked to bee deaths;…
- The secret life of GM sweet corn