Despite opposition from farm and food groups, and a petition on SIgnOn.org, Congress passed the controversial Monsanto Protection Act on Thursday, freeing the giant biotech firm, and others like it, from annoying oversight by the USDA. Read about this window into how Washington works, for companies that are big enough.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- Texas Native Plant Week begins Sunday
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Austin Nature and Wildlife Center
- Green Hospitality, Where Recycling and Reducing Is Inn
- Amazing Austin Energy photo at Lady Bird Lake at the…
- Got rBST-free milk?
- Meet the Frankenfish that will soon be on your plate
- Manchester neighborhood in Houston: Ground zero for fossil…