With the U.S. in the grip of possibly the worst outbreak of West Nile Virus ever, people need to do all they can to avoid getting bitten by the Culex mosquito that carries the disease and reduce the mosquito population in their yard…residents may be able to repel or reduce the mosquitoes living and reproducing in their yards by applying botanical oils that mosquitoes find disagreeable. A caveat: These products are no substitute for protecting your person (please refer back to the advice above). But they could reduce the mosquitoes breeding in and visiting your yard.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- Nature in Danger: The addax, a tough desert animal clings to
- Got junk food? Peyton Manning, LeBron James and other star…
- Texas Native Plant Week begins Sunday
- Two potential bad apples that could hurt your health
- Trek, REI and Alchemy Goods form partnership to take back…
- Green Hospitality, Where Recycling and Reducing Is Inn
- Ethanol: Jobs and politics trump good sense?
- Keeping Us In The Dark: Fighting Light Pollution