In the midst of the domestic energy boom, livestock on farms near oil-and-gas drilling operations nationwide have been quietly falling sick and dying. While scientists have yet to isolate cause and effect, many suspect chemicals used in drilling and hydrofracking (or “fracking”) operations are poisoning animals through the air, water, or soil.
Trending on GRN
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Austin Parks Foundation Partners with Zilker Brewing Company
- Got rBST-free milk?
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- These 7 gifts are perfect for nature lovers
- Germany and France ban pesticides linked to bee deaths;…
- The secret life of GM sweet corn