San Francisco, the city that banned plastic bags, bottled water and Styrofoam, is taking another big step down the path to sustainable urban living. In March 2011, the City of San Francisco will begin installing more than 17,000 LED street lighting fixtures, effectively replacing most city-owned street lamps.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Greenpeace releases seafood report card; Target now best for
- Organic Cotton Gets Dressed Up
- How to avoid BPA and its ‘evil twin’ BPS
- Who’s the greenest roommate in the land?