Did you know that 1 in 8 houses in Australia is powered by solar? That puts the country down under, far over most nations. And now whole towns are talking about “distributed” power, or local control, that could further help communities save. It’s an instruction manual for where the U.S. could go.
Trending on GRN
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Biochar: Panacea or peril?
- Cool Buy: Eco Born eyewear made of recycled materials
- KFC launches reusable container; here’s hoping…
- Do you know the ‘Snack Food 20’ companies behind
- Building a sky-high farm in New York City
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie