Fair Trade USA, a major third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the US, reported today that sales of Fair Trade certified goods grew by about 75 between the first and last quarters of 2011. Mainstream grocery, food and drug items grew even faster, recording a 95 percent increase in fair trade sales, a boom that was largely driven by the adoption of Fair Trade labels by major food brands like Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and Honest Tea, which have increased their Fair Trade commitments.
Trending on GRN
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Five safer ways to evict rodents — without poisoning…
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Matt & Nat Tacoma-Mini Vintage Satchel Bag
- Food waste in America: a growing concern
- Is your city ready for electric cars?
- Buy local, organic food — sign up with a farm and join
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie