Fair Trade USA, a major third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the US, reported today that sales of Fair Trade certified goods grew by about 75 between the first and last quarters of 2011. Mainstream grocery, food and drug items grew even faster, recording a 95 percent increase in fair trade sales, a boom that was largely driven by the adoption of Fair Trade labels by major food brands like Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and Honest Tea, which have increased their Fair Trade commitments.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- TreeHouse plans to expand
- Got junk food? Peyton Manning, LeBron James and other star…
- Manchester neighborhood in Houston: Ground zero for fossil…
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- Solar energy will illuminate Houston students’ studies
- Energy efficiency experts name Austin as one of the most…
- Austin Sierra Club’s River Place Nature Trail hike
- Community gardens: A plot for growing and eating locally