With the U.S. in the grip of possibly the worst outbreak of West Nile Virus ever, people need to do all they can to avoid getting bitten by the Culex mosquito that carries the disease and reduce the mosquito population in their yard…residents may be able to repel or reduce the mosquitoes living and reproducing in their yards by applying botanical oils that mosquitoes find disagreeable. A caveat: These products are no substitute for protecting your person (please refer back to the advice above). But they could reduce the mosquitoes breeding in and visiting your yard.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Bike commuting is green, healthy & cheap, so why…
- California sues mortgage companies over PACE loans
- EPA to phase out sulfuryl fluoride — a pesticide…
- Save water, win a Prius! (maybe)
- Earth Hour: A Dim Good Start
- Should Earth become a planet of vegetarians?
- 2016-2017 Christmas Bird Counts | Travis Audubon