With the U.S. in the grip of possibly the worst outbreak of West Nile Virus ever, people need to do all they can to avoid getting bitten by the Culex mosquito that carries the disease and reduce the mosquito population in their yard…residents may be able to repel or reduce the mosquitoes living and reproducing in their yards by applying botanical oils that mosquitoes find disagreeable. A caveat: These products are no substitute for protecting your person (please refer back to the advice above). But they could reduce the mosquitoes breeding in and visiting your yard.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- TreeHouse plans to expand
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Klean Kanteen comes clean about plastic
- Manchester neighborhood in Houston: Ground zero for fossil…
- Six sizzling ideas for safe and eco-friendly cookware gifts
- Austin Nature and Wildlife Center
- Got rBST-free milk?
- Common pesticides killed frogs, even at ‘safe…