World Wildlife Day kicked off Monday with United Nations officials declaring that people need to be better stewards of the many struggling species. Citing the plight of the panda, orangutan, rhinos, elephants and more, officials said people need to stop illegal trafficking in horns and ivory, and the annihilation of forests and natural habitat.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- EcoScraps turns a mountain of food waste into a pile of cash
- Wipe that smirk off your face Millennial, your parents are…
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- 11 ways to avoid BPA and phthalates and why you should
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Cropped Cardigan Sweater
- RecycleBank: offering retail “credits” to…