As the growing oil spill reached the coast of Louisiana Friday, environmental groups, aghast at the growing calamity, called on President Obama to do more than suspend new off-shore oil drilling. The president announced earlier in the day that no more oil exploration would take place until the BP oil spill had been thoroughly investigated. An estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico from the deep sea wellhead, 11 days after an explosion sunk the rig and killed 11 crew members.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- TreeHouse plans to expand
- Got junk food? Peyton Manning, LeBron James and other star…
- Solar energy will illuminate Houston students’ studies
- Two potential bad apples that could hurt your health
- Energy efficiency experts name Austin as one of the most…
- Austin Sierra Club’s River Place Nature Trail hike
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- Manchester neighborhood in Houston: Ground zero for fossil…