As the growing oil spill reached the coast of Louisiana Friday, environmental groups, aghast at the growing calamity, called on President Obama to do more than suspend new off-shore oil drilling. The president announced earlier in the day that no more oil exploration would take place until the BP oil spill had been thoroughly investigated. An estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico from the deep sea wellhead, 11 days after an explosion sunk the rig and killed 11 crew members.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Bike commuting is green, healthy & cheap, so why…
- California sues mortgage companies over PACE loans
- EPA to phase out sulfuryl fluoride — a pesticide…
- Save water, win a Prius! (maybe)
- Earth Hour: A Dim Good Start
- Should Earth become a planet of vegetarians?
- 2016-2017 Christmas Bird Counts | Travis Audubon