As the gifting season unfolds, it will occur to many of us in fortunate places to spread the wealth — and doing so has never been easier. Dozens of groups operating on the Internet are working hard to help homeless veterans, impoverished families, refugees and oppressed women and children….Those mentioned here have a long history or were vetted by BlendedProfit, a new organization that aims to grow the “good” economy by aggregating reliable, socially conscious businesses. BlendedProfit and Social Innovators Collective combined to create the Social Impact Holiday Gift Guide, which suggested some of the selections below.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- Getting water wise by catching the rain
- EcoScraps turns a mountain of food waste into a pile of cash