The House version of the new farm bill is a “fiscal time bomb,” says Scott Faber of the EWG. In this blog, he explains how the bill would fatten subsidies to big producers, leave small farmers in the lurch and foster an unhealthy trend of natural lands being gobbled up by Big Ag concerns.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- 12 fish you should never eat
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?