In yet another indictment of industrial farming methods and another threat to fish, researchers are reporting vast growth of ocean “dead zones.” Once rare, dead zones are multiplying and now total more than 400 around the world’s coastal waters, putting stresses on marine life by upsetting the underwater food chain, according to an August article in the journal Science.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- The “Go Green Initiative” helps teachers,…
- Reusable lunch gear that really works
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly