Many cities struggle to maintain one community garden. The small city of Coppell has two, and they’re thriving. But while the gardens have produced tons of produce for a local food pantry over the past 15 years, it is about so much more than plants.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- The “Go Green Initiative” helps teachers,…
- Reusable lunch gear that really works
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly