There’s been a lot of talk about the billions of dollars we spend in the US for healthcare, and how so much of that money goes toward treating illnesses that could have been prevented, such as heart disease or diabetes, which are closely associated with overeating and a sedentary lifestyle. But there’s another major preventable medical condition that contributes to the healthcare drain on our society.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- Getting water wise by catching the rain
- EcoScraps turns a mountain of food waste into a pile of cash