From Green Right Now ReportsGlucosamine plays a key role in building cartilage and many older people take glucosamine supplements to reduce inflammation from osteoarthritis, a type of arthritis that occurs when cartilage breaks down or is lost. Now a team of researchers has found that taking glucosamine may also prevent lung cancer. The researchers from the Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center and the Portland VA Medical Center have found that taking glucosamine recently released the study, in which people who used the supplement for a long period of time developed fewer cases of adenocarcinoma — a type of cancer — of the lung than others their age who did not take the supplement.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Austin Parks Foundation helps fund the installation of art…
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- Austin Parks Foundation Partners with Zilker Brewing Company
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Rooftop panels in Yonkers are among the largest solar…