From Green Right Now ReportsGlucosamine plays a key role in building cartilage and many older people take glucosamine supplements to reduce inflammation from osteoarthritis, a type of arthritis that occurs when cartilage breaks down or is lost. Now a team of researchers has found that taking glucosamine may also prevent lung cancer. The researchers from the Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center and the Portland VA Medical Center have found that taking glucosamine recently released the study, in which people who used the supplement for a long period of time developed fewer cases of adenocarcinoma — a type of cancer — of the lung than others their age who did not take the supplement.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- 12 fish you should never eat
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?