World Wildlife Day kicked off Monday with United Nations officials declaring that people need to be better stewards of the many struggling species. Citing the plight of the panda, orangutan, rhinos, elephants and more, officials said people need to stop illegal trafficking in horns and ivory, and the annihilation of forests and natural habitat.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Austin Parks Foundation helps fund the installation of art…
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- Austin Parks Foundation Partners with Zilker Brewing Company
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Rooftop panels in Yonkers are among the largest solar…