World consumption of animal protein is everywhere on the rise. Meat consumption increased from 44 million tons in 1950 to 284 million tons in 2009, more than doubling annual consumption per person to over 90 pounds. The rise in consumption of milk and eggs is equally dramatic. Wherever incomes rise, so does meat consumption.
Trending on GRN
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Five safer ways to evict rodents — without poisoning…
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Matt & Nat Tacoma-Mini Vintage Satchel Bag
- Food waste in America: a growing concern
- Is your city ready for electric cars?
- Buy local, organic food — sign up with a farm and join
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie