World consumption of animal protein is everywhere on the rise. Meat consumption increased from 44 million tons in 1950 to 284 million tons in 2009, more than doubling annual consumption per person to over 90 pounds. The rise in consumption of milk and eggs is equally dramatic. Wherever incomes rise, so does meat consumption.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- Two potential bad apples that could hurt your health
- Nature in Danger: The addax, a tough desert animal clings to
- Green Hospitality, Where Recycling and Reducing Is Inn
- Try watermelon limeade from Emeril’s new summer cook…
- Keeping Us In The Dark: Fighting Light Pollution
- Got junk food? Peyton Manning, LeBron James and other star…
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving: Kale-squash-pasta-faux sausage…
- The reuse files: You used what for a flower pot?