Genetically modified foods are everywhere, having crept into processed foods as key components, such as corn oil, corn flour, high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, soy isolate, invert sugar and on down the food label. How can a consumer cope? Until GE foods are labeled, shoppers have to ferret out the non-GMO foods and ingredients.
Follow GRN on Facebook
Trending on GRN
- Texas Native Plant Week begins Sunday
- Meet the Frankenfish that will soon be on your plate
- Trek, REI and Alchemy Goods form partnership to take back…
- Nature in Danger: The addax, a tough desert animal clings to
- Ethanol: Jobs and politics trump good sense?
- Green Hospitality, Where Recycling and Reducing Is Inn
- Six sizzling ideas for safe and eco-friendly cookware gifts
- Chalk Mountain, between a rock and a nesting place