Rachel Carson once warned the world that the pesticides we were using to kill weeds were devastating birds, threatening to bring on a ‘Silent Spring’. People woke up and banned the potent herbicide DDT, saving the American Bald Eagle and countless song birds (and fish, farm animals, trees and more). They began to control pollution and clean up rivers and lakes, answering Carson’s clarion call.
Trending on GRN
- Fair Indigo Organic Fair Trade Jewel neck Cardigan
- Fun facts about electric vehicles: A Q&A with ourselves
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Greenpeace releases seafood report card; Target now best for
- Organic Cotton Gets Dressed Up
- How to avoid BPA and its ‘evil twin’ BPS
- Who’s the greenest roommate in the land?