It was with some trepidation that I settled in to watch Chasing Ice, a movie about the rapidly vanishing glaciers that contain the majority of earth’s freshwater. But it didn’t leave me or my fellow viewers feeling helpless, and it didn’t harangue us with a fire hose of facts. Rather it did what great movies are supposed to do, and what the film’s protagonist has been working for years to do: It showed us that the earth’s warming temperatures and seas are melting arctic ice at a scary pace.
Trending on GRN
- These 5 healthier snack bars pack nutrition, not fillers
- Matt & Nat Whilem Loom Hobo Handbag
- Pecans could fight neurological disease
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Water: What’s really terrifying
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- How California’s drought hurts us all