A coalition of Jewish groups signed a statement last week urging an 80 percent reduction in greenhouse gases by 2050, in keeping with what scientists say is needed to avert a climate disaster. The Jewish Community Priorities for Climate and Energy Policy is supported by a diverse alliance of Jewish groups spearheaded by the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and the Jewish Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (COEJL).
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- A Starbucks boycott percolates over Fair Trade and organic…
- Oy, I’m confused about soy
- Cleaning up school bus emissions
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- ‘Chasing Ice’: Powerful film captures gorgeous,…
- EPA resources can improve your school’s environment