What if obtaining meat didn’t require raising, confining, mistreating and slaughtering billions of animals? Biomimicry is on the case. This year we learned about the $330,000 hamburger funded by Google founder Sergey Brin. Now a New York company has produced real leather from animals cells, a precursor to making manufactured meat. Learn how it’s done in this short video.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Reusable lunch gear that really works
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- The “Go Green Initiative” helps teachers,…
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Good fences: Made with bamboo