As the growing oil spill reached the coast of Louisiana Friday, environmental groups, aghast at the growing calamity, called on President Obama to do more than suspend new off-shore oil drilling. The president announced earlier in the day that no more oil exploration would take place until the BP oil spill had been thoroughly investigated. An estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico from the deep sea wellhead, 11 days after an explosion sunk the rig and killed 11 crew members.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- RecycleBank: offering retail “credits” to…
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Wipe that smirk off your face Millennial, your parents are…
- 11 ways to avoid BPA and phthalates and why you should