As the growing oil spill reached the coast of Louisiana Friday, environmental groups, aghast at the growing calamity, called on President Obama to do more than suspend new off-shore oil drilling. The president announced earlier in the day that no more oil exploration would take place until the BP oil spill had been thoroughly investigated. An estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico from the deep sea wellhead, 11 days after an explosion sunk the rig and killed 11 crew members.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- EPA resources can improve your school’s environment
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Three garden hoses that won’t leach toxic chemicals
- Recycling Plastic Can Be Hard To Sort Out
- EPA makes $63.5M grant to Texas Water Development Board