World consumption of animal protein is everywhere on the rise. Meat consumption increased from 44 million tons in 1950 to 284 million tons in 2009, more than doubling annual consumption per person to over 90 pounds. The rise in consumption of milk and eggs is equally dramatic. Wherever incomes rise, so does meat consumption.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Beekeepers and food and environment groups sue EPA over…
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- First U.S. offshore wind farm Cape Wind wins federal…