A coalition of Jewish groups signed a statement last week urging an 80 percent reduction in greenhouse gases by 2050, in keeping with what scientists say is needed to avert a climate disaster. The Jewish Community Priorities for Climate and Energy Policy is supported by a diverse alliance of Jewish groups spearheaded by the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA) and the Jewish Coalition on the Environment and Jewish Life (COEJL).
Trending on GRN
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Are you crunchy?
- Slowing Down On The Farm: The Story Of The Straus Dairy
- Green transportation innovators praised at Clinton Global…
- The Answer, My Friend, Is Not A Leaf Blower In The Wind
- Healthy (some say icky) foods to eat to get Vitamin K2,…
- Resurrecting The Rails: Can Trains Trump Cars And Create…