Texas ranchers are about to get hit with a tax that’s being portrayed as a benefit for the beef industry. But the money fails to help local producers when it’s put into a fund advertising meat that could come from anywhere, according to the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance. The group is urging ranchers to act quickly to vote this proposal down.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- RecycleBank: offering retail “credits” to…
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Wipe that smirk off your face Millennial, your parents are…
- 11 ways to avoid BPA and phthalates and why you should