Climate change will continue to worsen wildfires in the U.S., with the area burned each year expected to double by 2050, according to a report released this week by the USDA’s Forestry Service. But that’s not all. Profound changes are ahead for forests in the Midwest, Southeast and Northeast, as climate change rearranges natural habitats.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Getting water wise by catching the rain