Air pollution continues to plague many large U.S. cities, where coal plants and tailpipe emissions poison the air with asthma-aggravating, cancer causing ozone and particle emissions. But the picture, and the air, is much clearer in Peoria, Springfield and a few dozen other mid-sized meccas, according to the American Lung Association’s annual report. See what the air rates where you live.
Trending on GRN
- Great green toy ideas for 2008
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Budweiser and alligators, we’ll drink to that!
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Is your city ready for electric cars?
- Help hummingbirds by feeding them correctly
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals