Warning: This story will really take the fun out of your snack foods. But read it if you’re ready to eat responsibly by avoiding “conflict palm oil” in your cookies, crackers and chocolate nibbles. A bonus: Rainforest Action Network has released a list of the 20 major snack companies using destructive palm oil. If you want to save orangutans and help the ancestral human residents of tropical forests, you’ll make a note of this list.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Adele prefers Weleda natural skin cream
- A Starbucks boycott percolates over Fair Trade and organic…
- Oy, I’m confused about soy
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- Recycling Plastic Can Be Hard To Sort Out