With the U.S. in the grip of possibly the worst outbreak of West Nile Virus ever, people need to do all they can to avoid getting bitten by the Culex mosquito that carries the disease and reduce the mosquito population in their yard…residents may be able to repel or reduce the mosquitoes living and reproducing in their yards by applying botanical oils that mosquitoes find disagreeable. A caveat: These products are no substitute for protecting your person (please refer back to the advice above). But they could reduce the mosquitoes breeding in and visiting your yard.
Trending on GRN
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Great green toy ideas for 2008
- Buy local, organic food — sign up with a farm and join
- Petition asks Kraft to ‘Dump the Dyes’ from Mac…
- Natural ways to reduce mosquitoes in your yard
- Budweiser and alligators, we’ll drink to that!
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Is your city ready for electric cars?