The USDA allows livestock to be fed controversial growth enhancers that are banned in the European Union. This year Russia joined the countries that won’t accept meat that was raised with beta agonists, forcing US authorities to come up with some quick answers if they want to recover this large export market. A collateral effect could be that Americans get meat that’s free of growth hormones, or not.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Beekeepers and food and environment groups sue EPA over…
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- First U.S. offshore wind farm Cape Wind wins federal…