The USDA allows livestock to be fed controversial growth enhancers that are banned in the European Union. This year Russia joined the countries that won’t accept meat that was raised with beta agonists, forcing US authorities to come up with some quick answers if they want to recover this large export market. A collateral effect could be that Americans get meat that’s free of growth hormones, or not.
Trending on GRN
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Great green toy ideas for 2008
- Buy local, organic food — sign up with a farm and join
- Petition asks Kraft to ‘Dump the Dyes’ from Mac…
- Natural ways to reduce mosquitoes in your yard
- Budweiser and alligators, we’ll drink to that!
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- Is your city ready for electric cars?