Enterprise Rent-A-Car will offer electric vehicles at select rental locations in the U.S. starting in 2011, the St. Louis-based company announced today. The company will begin its EV offerings with 500 Nissan LEAFs, the first of which will be delivered in January. The company will add other electric cars to its fleet as they become available. Enterprise, which operates a network of auto rental outlets at more than 5,000 locations in the U.S., already has added about 7,000 hybrid vehicles to its fleet in recent years as it strives to be more sustainable and green-friendly.
Trending on GRN
- Are you crunchy?
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Resurrecting The Rails: Can Trains Trump Cars And Create…
- Slowing Down On The Farm: The Story Of The Straus Dairy
- Healthy (some say icky) foods to eat to get Vitamin K2,…
- Stuck in a box: Crayola needs to work on its green
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- The Answer, My Friend, Is Not A Leaf Blower In The Wind