If you have been worried that the flowers you bring home from Lowe’s and other big nurseries will kill the bees and butterflies, you may be comforted to know that Lowe’s and other big stores are lurching into action, getting ready to remove the offending, neonicotinoid-treated plants. But for now, it’s still, consumer beware, or at least, consumer, ask a lot of questions.
Trending on GRN
- 11 faux meats that are delicious, nutritious, hexane-free…
- Hurricane Ike: worse because of global warming?
- Lowe’s offers more recycling options to customers
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Chicago Green Festival at Navy Pier May 22-23
- Getting water wise by catching the rain
- Save nature and free time — install a Pocket Prairie
- Farm Kings will make you feel guiltier than The Biggest…