As the growing oil spill reached the coast of Louisiana Friday, environmental groups, aghast at the growing calamity, called on President Obama to do more than suspend new off-shore oil drilling. The president announced earlier in the day that no more oil exploration would take place until the BP oil spill had been thoroughly investigated. An estimated 210,000 gallons of oil a day continued to pour into the Gulf of Mexico from the deep sea wellhead, 11 days after an explosion sunk the rig and killed 11 crew members.
Trending on GRN
- City of Austin wants public input for Bull Creek Park Master
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Are you crunchy?
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- The Answer, My Friend, Is Not A Leaf Blower In The Wind
- Resurrecting The Rails: Can Trains Trump Cars And Create…
- Do you know the ‘Snack Food 20’ companies behind