World Wildlife Day kicked off Monday with United Nations officials declaring that people need to be better stewards of the many struggling species. Citing the plight of the panda, orangutan, rhinos, elephants and more, officials said people need to stop illegal trafficking in horns and ivory, and the annihilation of forests and natural habitat.
Trending on GRN
- Matt & Nat Whilem Loom Hobo Handbag
- These 5 healthier snack bars pack nutrition, not fillers
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- US wolves: Facing bullets and a hail of bureacracy
- Pecans could fight neurological disease
- New EPA rule could reduce carbon emissions from coal plants…
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- Snack attack: China’s melamine scandal infects more…