Portland voters soundly rejected fluoridation of the city’s water, reversing a 2012 mandate by the city council. Anti-fluoride forces are calling the vote a victory for modern science, which has identified excessive fluoride exposures as contributing to thyroid disease, bone damage and lower IQs among children.
Trending on GRN
- City of Austin wants public input for Bull Creek Park Master
- Meet the guru of the ‘Power of Just Doing Stuff’
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- Are you crunchy?
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Worried about toxic ingredients in cleaners? See our new…
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels