In a move that could limit overspraying for mosquitoes in U.S. towns and cities and reduce human and wildlife exposure to harmful pesticides, the EPA has proposed new rules that would require companies and municipalities to get special permits before dumping pesticides into waterways. The agency hopes that these rules will reduce pesticide contamination of U.S. surface waters and improve the health of all living beings, including people.
Trending on GRN
- City of Austin wants public input for Bull Creek Park Master
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Are you crunchy?
- Green transportation innovators praised at Clinton Global…
- The Answer, My Friend, Is Not A Leaf Blower In The Wind
- Do you know the ‘Snack Food 20’ companies behind