Texas ranchers are about to get hit with a tax that’s being portrayed as a benefit for the beef industry. But the money fails to help local producers when it’s put into a fund advertising meat that could come from anywhere, according to the Farm and Ranch Freedom Alliance. The group is urging ranchers to act quickly to vote this proposal down.
Trending on GRN
- City of Austin wants public input for Bull Creek Park Master
- Meet the guru of the ‘Power of Just Doing Stuff’
- High speed rail: Getting Texas on track
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- Are you crunchy?
- Good fences: Made with bamboo
- Worried about toxic ingredients in cleaners? See our new…
- Atrazine still polluting water; Texas tests show high levels