Denton, Texas, becomes the first city in the state to ban fracking, setting the stage for a fight over mineral rights and residents’ rights that could play out in courtrooms and the legislature. Frack Free Denton was jubilant over its resounding victory to keep hydraulic fracturing at bay. But the gas industry promised a fight, claiming the Texas Railroad Commission has the power to say who can drill and where.
Trending on GRN
- These 5 healthier snack bars pack nutrition, not fillers
- Matt & Nat Whilem Loom Hobo Handbag
- Pecans could fight neurological disease
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- Water: What’s really terrifying
- 7 top green residential buildings in the U.S.
- Cartoon contest satirizes government interference in…
- How California’s drought hurts us all