June Williamson, co-author of Retrofitting Suburbia, and landscape architect Anne Vaterlaus have designed a very appealing conceptual demonstration project in the LA suburb of Pico Rivera, on the edge of the San Gabriel Valley. The community is working-class, 92 percent Latino, and relatively low-income. Air pollution levels are high.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- A Starbucks boycott percolates over Fair Trade and organic…
- Oy, I’m confused about soy
- Cleaning up school bus emissions
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- ‘Chasing Ice’: Powerful film captures gorgeous,…
- EPA resources can improve your school’s environment