San Francisco, the city that banned plastic bags, bottled water and Styrofoam, is taking another big step down the path to sustainable urban living. In March 2011, the City of San Francisco will begin installing more than 17,000 LED street lighting fixtures, effectively replacing most city-owned street lamps.
Trending on GRN
- 5 reasons to quit using weed-and-feed chemicals
- Got rBST-free milk?
- DIY drip line irrigation – an efficient way to water your…
- ‘Farm in a Barrel’: Raise fish and grow your own
- Beekeepers and food and environment groups sue EPA over…
- Six top air purifiers to get the dust and pollen out
- How to make your Keurig more eco-friendly
- First U.S. offshore wind farm Cape Wind wins federal…